2018 RAD-AID Conference on Global Health Radiology: Bringing Radiology to the Underserved
Registration is open for the 2018 RAD-AID Conference, which will be our 10th annual
event, scheduled for Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 8 AM-5:30 PM at the World Health Organization (PAHO HQ) at 525, 23rd Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20037. Agenda available for download.
RAD-AID has a room block at the State Plaza Hotel.
Also, RAD-AID has a room block at One Washington Circle and Hotel Hive. Please call 1-800-424-9671, ask to speak to Vanessa, and mention group name RAD-AID.
- How to Develop your Global Outreach Radiology Project
- Technologist outreach programs in Poor and Low-Resource Areas
- Mobile Radiology on Air, Land and Sea
- CT for Low-Resource hospitals: Laos, Guyana, Haiti, Africa, and Central America
- IT: PACS, Artificial Intelligence and International Radiology Outreach
- Educational Capacity Building for Radiology: Tanzania, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Liberia
- Leveraging Ultrasound for Remote Regional Outreach
- Women’s Health in Radiology and Global Outreach
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: Roles for Radiology at the Public Health and Policy Levels.
- RAD-AID in Central America: Progress in Guatemala and Nicaragua
- Radiology as the Gateway for Health IT Adoption in Low Income Countries
- Radiology-Readiness Assessments: How, When, and Why?
- RAD-AID Appalachia: Medically Underserved USA and RAD-AID’s next steps
- European and Central Asia Projects: Kazakhstan and Albania
- RAD-AID Pediatrics: Radiology Health Capacity Building for Children’s Health
- Ultrasound strategies for Training in Low and Middle-Income Countries: Roles for Sonographers, MDs, and Nurses
- Medical Physics: Image Quality and Safety for Radiology & Radiation Oncology in Low- and Middle- Income Countries (LMICs).
- Interventional Radiology: Project Opportunities and Strategic Overview from Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, and South America
- Peru and Radiology for Breast Cancer Screening
- Educational Tools for Your RAD-AID Project on Global Health
- RAD-AID in Francophone Africa: RAD-AID’s new program for Cameroon, Senegal, Gambia, and 23 other French-speaking countries.
Conference Registrants are eligible to submit an Abstract for oral or poster presentation at the Conference. Once registered for the meeting, abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis with acceptance notifications issued by September 15, 2018.
Accreditation Statement for 2018 RAD-AID Conference (pending update):
This activity is undergoing CME accreditation in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American College of Radiology and RAD-AID. The American College of Radiology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American College of Radiology is reviewing this activity for administering AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Prior years offered 7.75 CME credits for this activity.
This activity has been submitted to the Virginia Nurses Association for approval to award 7.25 contact hours. The Virginia Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Sonographers: This education activity is undergoing approval by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS). Prior years offered 8.0 Sonography Credit Hours for this activity.
The American College of Radiology is approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) to sponsor and/or review Continuing Medical Educational programs for Radiologic Technologists and Radiation Therapists. The American College of Radiology is reviewing this educational activity. Prior years offered 7.75 Category A credit hours of the ARRT for this activity.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Since you are receiving Category A credit, you will need to sign-in and sign-out at the entrance to each session. Also, there will be at least one staff member guarding these doors during session times.
*RAD-AID Conference offers registration of $79 for Physicians ($99 after August 15, 2018), $35 for Radiology Residents, Radiology Fellows, Technologists, and Nurses ($40 after August 15, 2018), $25 for all students (medical, nursing, graduate, technologist, etc) ($29 after August 15, 2018), and $39 for all other (business, nonprofit, engineering, admin, and other professionals) ($49 after August 15, 2018). This includes free breakfast, lunch, refreshments throughout the day, and educational credits.
Members of RAD-AID Chapters are also invited to attend the Chapters Roundtable Meeting on Sunday, November 4 from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM to discuss project development, chapter collaborations, new projects, mentorship strategies, funding, and other essential program leadership objectives. This interactive session is directly led by the RAD-AID Chief Executive Officer as an interactive session. Breakfast is provided.