2017 RAD-AID Conference: International Radiology and Global Health
Image from 2016 RAD-AID International Conference
Registration is open for the 2017 RAD-AID Conference. The event is to be held on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 8 AM-5:30 PM at the World Health Organization (PAHO HQ) at 525, 23rd Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20037. Conference Hashtag: #RADAID2017
RAD-AID has an open block at the State Plaza Hotel for November 3rd – 5th. To reserve a room, guests can call 202-861-8200 and mention RAD-AID, or they can go to the following direct reservations link: RAD-AID Conference Web Link.
Additionally, RAD-AID has a limited block at the One Washington Circle Hotel for November 3rd – 5th. To reserve a room, guests can call 1-800-424-9671 and mention RAD-AID (or block number RAINOV0317), or they can go to the following direct reservations link: RAD-AID International
Agenda will include:
- Building Radiology in Liberia
- Point-of-care Ultrasound in Nigeria
- Mobile Health Strategies for Cancer Imaging & Screening
- CT Implementation in Guyana & Haiti
- Strengthening Radiology in Ethiopia and Malawi
- Bridging Radiology Networks in Tanzania & Kenya
- Advancing Pediatric Radiology in Low-Resource Regions
- Radiology Development in Laos, Vietnam & Nepal
- Medically Underserved China: Cancer Imaging & Treatment
- Five-Year Progress Report from RAD-AID India Asha Jyoti
- RAD-AID in Guatemala: Progress, PACS and Future Plans
- Digitizing radiology in Nicaragua
- Radiology-Readiness: Best-practices on Radiology Equipment Donation
- Radiology in Cape Verde: Connecting Islands and Clinical Referral in West Africa
- Eastern European radiology progress: Albania, Ukraine, and Bosnia
- Radiology Outreach in Rural United States: Radiology in Appalachia
- Ultrasound strategies for Training and Certification in Developing Countries
- Medical Physics: Image Quality and Safety for Radiology & Radiation Oncology in Low- and Middle- Income Countries (LMICs).
- Information Technologies and PACS Deployments in Low-Resource Regions
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Radiology in the Developing World.
- Interventional Radiology: Training the Developing World for IR Procedures and Patient Management
Conference Registrants are eligible to submit an Abstract for oral or poster presentation at the Conference. Once registered for the meeting, abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis with acceptance notifications issued by September 10, 2017.
*Course Credits: Approximately 7-8 CME, CE, Contact Hours and Credits are awarded to attendees of the RAD-AID Conference subject to final approval from the credit-issuing organizations.
*RAD-AID Conference offers registration of $79 for Physicians ($99 after August 2015), $35 for Radiology Residents, Radiology Fellows, Technologists, and Nurses ($40 after August 15, 2017), $25 for all students (medical, nursing, graduate, technologist, etc) ($29 after August 15, 2017), and $39 for all other (business, nonprofit, engineering, admin, and other professionals) ($49 after August 15, 2017). This includes free breakfast, lunch, refreshments throughout the day, and educational credits.
*Members of RAD-AID Chapters are also invited to attend the Chapters Roundtable Meeting on Sunday, November 5 from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM to discuss project development, chapter collaborations, new projects, mentorship strategies, funding, and other essential program leadership objectives. This interactive session is directly led by the RAD-AID Chief Executive Officer as an interactive session. Breakfast is provided.