2017 RAD-AID Conference: International Radiology and Global Health
Image from 2016 RAD-AID International Conference
Registration is open for the 2017 RAD-AID Conference. The event is to be held on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 8 AM-5:30 PM at the World Health Organization (PAHO HQ) at 525, 23rd Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20037. Conference Agenda (download)
RAD-AID has an open block at the State Plaza Hotel for November 3rd – 5th. To reserve a room, guests can call 202-861-8200 and mention RAD-AID.
Additionally, RAD-AID has a limited block at the One Washington Circle Hotel for November 3rd – 5th. To reserve a room, guests can call 1-800-424-9671 and mention RAD-AID (or block number RAINOV0317), or they can go to the following direct reservations link: RAD-AID International
Agenda will include:
- Building Radiology in Liberia
- Point-of-care Ultrasound in Nigeria
- Mobile Health Strategies for Cancer Imaging & Screening
- CT Implementation in Guyana & Haiti
- Strengthening Radiology in Ethiopia and Malawi
- Bridging Radiology Networks in Tanzania & Kenya
- Advancing Pediatric Radiology in Low-Resource Regions
- Radiology Development in Laos, Vietnam & Nepal
- Medically Underserved China: Cancer Imaging & Treatment
- Five-Year Progress Report from RAD-AID India Asha Jyoti
- RAD-AID in Guatemala: Progress, PACS and Future Plans
- Digitizing radiology in Nicaragua
- Radiology-Readiness: Best-practices on Radiology Equipment Donation
- Radiology in Cape Verde: Connecting Islands and Clinical Referral in West Africa
- Eastern European radiology progress: Albania, Ukraine, and Bosnia
- Radiology Outreach in Rural United States: Radiology in Appalachia
- Ultrasound strategies for Training and Certification in Developing Countries
- Medical Physics: Image Quality and Safety for Radiology & Radiation Oncology in Low- and Middle- Income Countries (LMICs).
- Information Technologies and PACS Deployments in Low-Resource Regions
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Radiology in the Developing World.
- Interventional Radiology: Training the Developing World for IR Procedures and Patient Management
Conference Registrants are eligible to submit an Abstract for oral or poster presentation at the Conference. Once registered for the meeting, abstracts will be reviewed on a rolling basis with acceptance notifications issued by September 10, 2017.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the American College of Radiology and RAD-AID. The American College of Radiology is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Radiology designates this activity for a maximum of 7.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American College of Radiology is approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Recognized Continuing Education Evaluation Mechanism (RCEEM) to sponsor and/or review Continuing Medical Educational programs for Radiologic Technologists and Radiation Therapists.
The American College of Radiology designates this educational activity as meeting the criteria for up to 7.75 Category A credit hours of the ARRT.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Since you are receiving Category A credit, you will need to sign-in and sign-out at the entrance to each session. Also, there will be at least one staff member guarding these doors during session times.
7.25 nursing contact hours will be awarded for this activity. This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
*RAD-AID Conference offers registration of $79 for Physicians ($99 after August 2015), $35 for Radiology Residents, Radiology Fellows, Technologists, and Nurses ($40 after August 15, 2017), $25 for all students (medical, nursing, graduate, technologist, etc) ($29 after August 15, 2017), and $39 for all other (business, nonprofit, engineering, admin, and other professionals) ($49 after August 15, 2017). This includes free breakfast, lunch, refreshments throughout the day, and educational credits.
*Members of RAD-AID Chapters are also invited to attend the Chapters Roundtable Meeting on Sunday, November 5 from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM to discuss project development, chapter collaborations, new projects, mentorship strategies, funding, and other essential program leadership objectives. This interactive session is directly led by the RAD-AID Chief Executive Officer as an interactive session. Breakfast is provided.