Welcome to the CHOP RAD-AID Chapter!
The Children™s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) RAD-AID Chapter is a group of Radiology faculty and multi-disciplinary technologists dedicated to promoting and supporting sustainable international service projects in medical imaging in collaboration with the national RAD-AID organization.
Our mission: We aim to extend knowledge and expertise in pediatric imaging to colleagues and institutions in countries with such need through education. We encourage participation from all individuals within the CHOP community with an interest in image based global health outreach.
The Children™s Hospital of Philadelphia a Pediatric Radiology International Education Outreach Program was established in 2008 under the leadership of Kassa Darge, M.D., Ph.D., Chief of the Division of Body Imaging at CHOP. With continued support from the Department of Radiology, the program has flourished. Today activities focus on promoting pediatric radiology through education in Ethiopia, Botswana, Columbia, and Eastern Europe. Outreach in Ethiopia is conducted under the umbrella of the World Federation of Pediatric Imaging (WFPI) and has two components:
1. A partnership with Addis Ababa University™s Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine to:
- Promote and support pediatric radiology education during radiology residency
- Establish and support an international pediatric radiology fellowship
2. A partnership with the Radiological Society of Ethiopia (RSE) to:
- Conduct an annual national pediatric radiology continuing medical education course
Faculty Advisor: Kassa Darge, M.D., Ph.D., Chief of the Division of Body Imaging, Department of Radiology, The Children™s Hospital of Philadelphia; [email protected]
Chapter president: Laura Poznick, RDMS, Research Sonographer, The Children™s Hospital of Philadelphia: p[email protected]