In the setting of ongoing efforts to expand opportunities for global outreach within the Yale Radiology and Biomedical Imaging Community, we are pleased to announce the formation of a Yale RAD-AID chapter! We are proud to be added to the list of institutions associated with RAD-AID, and it is our hope that being a part of the organization will assist trainees, attending physicians and technologists from our institution to participate in expanding radiology global outreach opportunities.
President: Krystal Buchanan, MD
Faculty Advisors: Frank Minja, MD and Melissa Davis, MD
Special thanks to our Chairman Jeff Geschwind, MD and Program Director Jamal Bokhari, MD for your support.
- Ongoing participation with an established 4th year resident elective in Tanzania (http://radiology.yale.edu/education/outreachtanzania.aspx)
- Supporting the development of outreach opportunities in new locations, currently evaluating sites in Jamaica and Cameroon
- Monthly RAD-AID webinars regarding radiology global outreach
- Interdepartmental global health themed journal clubs and events
- Developing teaching and lecture materials for RAD-AID associated teaching partnerships
- Collaborate with other chapters to share and exchange lecture materials
- Chapter webpage for content distribution to local residents
- Maintain teaching file to use on outreach trips
For more information, please email us at :